"WTPA Stimulus Package"
1. The contest is open to the first 100
small businesses and non-profits in Lubbock and the surrounding areas
(within 50 miles of Lubbock). Employees and/or associates of the West
Texas Publishers Association, Lubbock’s Home and Family Magazine,
Latino Lubbock Magazine, My Medical Future, Lubbock Fun Club, and Senior
Link Magazine, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective
affiliates and associates and such employees' immediate family members
and persons with whom such employees are domiciled are excluded from this
2. Entrants must email entries to designated email account with either
“small business contest entry” or “non-profit contest
entry” on the subject line. The WTPA is not responsible for email
entries not received.
3. Entrants may enter only one time and may use up to 500 words to describe
why they should be the one small business and/or non-profit chosen to
receive 1-year of free promotions provided by the members of the WTPA
and other participants. Entries will be received from March 23,2009 to
April 10, 2009. Winners are to be announce on April 24, 2009.
4. Small businesses constitutes businesses with 8 or fewer employees.
Non-profits must have a current non-profit status.
5. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
The prize will include at least $5,000 worth of advertising. However,
the winners will need to work individually with the participating publications
and promotion companies and are responsible for providing information
and materials as determined by individual deadlines.
6. Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be
7. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional
compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph
and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes
in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts,
newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases,
slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage)
which the WTPA may deem appropriate.
8. In accepting the prize, the winner, and any guest(s), acknowledges
that the WTPA, nor any of its associate members, may not be held liable
for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this
9. Winners must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by the WTPA,
acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest
10. The WTPA retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion,
to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event
of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason
11. This contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws.
12. The WTPA reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest
at any time without prior notice.
13. Approximate value of free advertising/promotions varies.
14. The advertising offered as the prize in no way constitutes a guarantee
of profits or financial benefit of any kind.
15. Contest open to Texas residents only.
Contest Judging Criteria To Note:
will be determined on the overall objectives and goals for the business
or non-profit agency along with the potential impact the increased advertising
will have on the community. The judges will also be looking at what will
be promoted in the advertising and how broad of an audience it will reach.
of Contest Entry:
submissions for the WTPA free advertsing contest should be sent by email
If, for any
reason, submitting your entry by email is not possible, you may submit
your entry by regular mail postmarked no later than April 10, 2009 to
this postal address:
Lubbock Fun Club
P.O. Box 54090
Lubbock, Texas 79453